Monday, September 12, 2011

Sweet Puffs and 100th post !!

This is my 100th post and I feel so happy. I was recollecting the journey of Good Food today.Starting a food blog was my idea, but I had no clue about this blogging world. I was a novice and learnt everything by myself. My hubby did encourage me a lot. Now I have come this far, never knew blogging will become so close to my heart !! Since I have reached 100th post, I feel so glad that I know/learnt/experimented so many recipes :)

Today on this occassion, I don't want to mention anything about my blog stats or growth. But I would like to thank 3 of my friends in particular..Priya of Now Serving, Aipi of US Masala and Sadhana of Sensible Vegetarian. They were the first few bloggers who visited my space and their comments gave me the inspiration to move on in this blogosphere...and to date I have received their valuable and lovely comments without fail. Thanks a lot my dear friends :)

I would also like to thank all my friends who support me with your encouraging comments and did pass on awards. Thank you to all my friends who took time to stop by to give feedbacks after trying out some of my recipes.

So with all these said, let's celebrate this occassion with some Sweet puffs ;). This is different from the usual spicy versions and its so simple to make. You can add anything for the sweet filling....dried fruits, coconut, nuts, raisins or maybe grab some from your trail mix...you can make very innovative fillings. Kids will sure show a thumbs up for this, ofcourse this will make a perfect snack !!





What you need?

1 Puff Pastry sheet (I used Pepperidge farm brand)
3/4 cup Dates chopped
1/2 cup Sweetened Coconut (or use regular coconut and add sugar)
1 tbsp Almonds sliced
1 tbsp Walnuts chopped
1 tbsp Raisins
A pinch Cardamom/Cinnamon powder


How to prepare?

Thaw the puff pastry sheet as per the packet directions.

Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a baking tray with aluminium foil. Lightly grease it.

Mix the dates, coconut, almonds, walnuts and raisins. Finally sprinkle some cardamom powder or cinnamon powder. The sweet filling is now ready.



Cut each of the 3 rectangular sections of the pastry sheet into 3 squares. Keep 1 tbsp of sweet filling in each square.




Fold into any shape as you desire. Seal the edges with hands or use a fork to press the edges. Transfer them to the baking tray.





Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until they get browned. Once baked, let them cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.

Makes about 9 puffs.




Finally, below is the pic of the Pookalam or flower decoration for Onam at my house, this was made by my husband and son :)..My son had patience only for a short time to keep it as it was ;)





41 Tasty Comments:

Julie said...

Congrats on your 100th post..Keep it up !!
lovely filling of sweet puffs..yummy !!
pookalam looks awesome!

Archana said...

Congrats dear!Wish you many more milestones!
I agree with you that our blogger friends encourage us to try new stuff in this exciting world of blogging. I have just come to know Sadhana but Aipi and Priya are gems they have guided me every time i needed help.
Do check out my event and send me your entries.

Unknown said...

Tearing up at reading this, Sobha :) That is rather sweet of you - I am very happy to be at your beautiful space :) Congrats on reaching a quick 100 :) keep rocking- big verlerfhugs, priya

Deeksha said...

Congrats dear...Keep rocking >
Nice looking sweet puffs.

Suja Manoj said...

Congrats dear on your milestone..keep rocking..
Delicious and tempting snack..love it

Indian Khana said...

Love this...yum

Sangeetha M said...

hey congratz on your century...wish u many more milestone...and this sweet puffs is a nice idea to celeb the lovely occasion...so interesting filling...pookolam looks lovely n a good work dear :)

Aruna Manikandan said...

Congratulations and wishing u many more!!!!!
sweet puffs looks yummy :)

Kalyani said...

Congrats on ur 100th post ... Wishing u more more !!!

Sweet puffs looks yummy !!!!

alpana said...

I love working with puff pastry sheets .....this recipe seems to be a must try. Bookmarked.

aipi said...

Congrats my dear on the beautiful milestone n thanks for the sweet mention, you truly deserve all the accolades n praises! Keep up the great work, hugs!

The sweet puff looks delightful n super scummy!
USMasala

Rani acharyulu said...

Congrats on your 100th post!What a tasty sweet puffs looks crisp and delicious....neat pookolam looks beautiful!!

Ramya said...

congrats dear...you are one of my first blogger friend who inspired me to keep blogging by your lovely comments...keep rocking !!! and lovely sweet puffs...While I'm writing this, I have some other puff baking in the oven :-)

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Congrats on your 100th post. What a nice way to celebrate by preparing sweet puffs.

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Vidhya said...

Congrats on your milestone!The Puffs looks like a delight.Belated Onam wishes.

Rinku Naveen said...

Congrats on your 100th post! Hope you had a great Onam. That's a cute pookkalam.

Priya Suresh said...

Congrats on ur 100th post Sobha, keep rocking gal..Puffs looks excellent and inviting..

Sensible Vegetarian said...

Congrats on your 100th post and wishes for many more to come. The sweet puff looks so yummy.

saleena said...

Congrats on ur 100th post.Sweet puffs looks awesome.....Beautiful pookalam sobha......

Sangeetha M said...

awards waiting fro you at my space...just drop by n collect them...thanq !!

Chaitanya said...

Congrats on your 100th post wishing you many more ...Puffs are yummy and inviting.
www.rajafood.blogspot.com

Mélange said...

So proud Shobha that you achieved this milestone..Congrats and win more and more centuries.

Loved this sweet puffs recipe.Apt for the occasion and unique one.Thanks,

Unknown said...

Congrats on ur 100th post and the puffs look very tempting

Raks said...

Nice idea,would love it to try,congrats on your 100th post! So pretty pookolam too!

kankana said...

I love puff pastry any time weather a savory filling or sweet :) This looks so lovely and properly puffed up!

Lifewithspices said...

Congrats n keep rocking this is such a treat ..

Prathima Rao said...

Congrats & wishing u luck for many more such happy occasions :) The sweet puffs look amazing!!
Prathima Rao
Prats Corner

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

congrats on ur milestone dear..
wishing you all success..:)
a perfect treat to celeb d memorable occasion...
love the flower deco...beautiful..:)
Tasty Appetite

Prema said...

Congrats on ur 100th post dear,love this puff...luks delicious...

Padhu Sankar said...

Congrats on your 100th post .Puffs look so tempting

Padmajha said...

Congrats on your 100th post :). The sweet puffs looks delicious and the poo kolam is so cute :)

Elaichii said...

Congrats dear! puff and pookalam looks awesome!

Deeksha said...

Hey I have tagged you for playing 7 Links Challenge Game. Pls. check it out.
Cheers

Unknown said...

COngrats on your 100th post. I wish you to continue your work and post your way of unique recipes more and more. Love the sweet puff. It is so yumm.

Cheers,
Uma

Unknown said...

Congrats on you 100th post..Sweet puffs are just delicious..

Shylaja said...

Congrats on your 100th post.Sweet puffs looks delicious and inviting

hemalata said...

congrats on your 100th post and happy onam,delicious sweet puffs and beautiful flower decoration.

JishasKitchen said...

wow..this is my fav and you made it perfectly..yum yum//

Unknown said...

Perfect thing for 100th post. Keep rocking !!!

Richa said...

those sweet puffs look great.. and congratulations on your 100th!

Richa@ Hobby And More Food Blog

Nalini's Kitchen said...

Congrats on your 100th post,sweet puff looks delicious....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...