Monday, September 19, 2011

Paniyaram

Paniyarams are savoury appams which are made usually from the left over dosa batter. They make a wonderful breakfast as well as a snack. This is another favourite of mine from childhood. Even when I was working in Bangalore, I used to wait in long queues in my office canteen just to have these lovely appams. These appams were in great demand and they used to get over soon, so I used to go early to have these yummy appams :). You can add grated carrot, coconut or add some chopped spinach to the batter and make it very colourful and healthy. They are very soft inside and a little crispy outside, with only few drops of oil !!



What you need?

2 cups Dosa batter
1 Onion small finely chopped
3-4 Green chillies chopped
1/2" pc Ginger finely chopped
few Curry leaves chopped
few Coriander leaves chopped
Salt
Oil



How to prepare?

Add onion, ginger, green chillies, curry leaves, coriander leaves and salt to the dosa batter. Mix well.

Heat the paniyaram pan. Add 1-2 drops of oil in each hole. Pour the batter in each hole so that its 3/4th filled. Cover and cook until little holes appear on them and the bottom part is golden brown. Slowly flip it over to the other side with a spoon or fork. A little batter may flow out which is fine. Cook until it turns golden brown on the other side too. Serve hot with chutney.




Sending this to the following events:



My Favourite Dish at Ammaji recipes



Kerala Kitchen hosted by Divya of Easy Cooking, original event info here.







37 Tasty Comments:

Indian Khana said...

Looks yum n perfect ...

Priya Suresh said...

Serve me some with spicy coconut chutney,i can have it anytime..

Sensible Vegetarian said...

Delicious and perfect snack.

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Paniyaram looks to be extremely delicious and wholesome. Excellent recipe.

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Laxmipriya said...

tasty snack.. my fav.. perfect for tea time..

Unknown said...

Very classic and my fav recipe. Love to grab them all.

Cheers,
Uma

Radhika said...

These look so soft and spongy. well made.

alpana said...

Love this recipe Sobha......very creative.
Thanks for sharing

Deeksha said...

These look sooooooo nice and tempting.

Pushpa said...

Yummy snack love them.

Julie said...

Perfect shapes n looks delicious..very healthy breakfast!!

Ramya said...

these are my favourite too..

Mélange said...

Wow,they have come out perfect for you Shobha.SO tempting .Love to have few.

Suja Manoj said...

Cute and inviting paniyarams,love the presentation,especially the last click..cute

Unknown said...

Yes I am crazy about these too, ever since I got my pan :) Like the garland pic a lot:)

aipi said...

Beautifully done ~ they look so delicious!
USMasala

Simply Life said...

these look like they have the perfect texture!

Elaichii said...

Paniyarams look so darn cute!

Unknown said...

My fav...urs have come perfect..yummy !!

Priya Sreeram said...

paniyarams are my fav too sobha- they look well done !

Vardhini said...

I like these too. Easy and tasty.

Vardhini
Zesty Palette

Vidhya said...

Perfect and yummy paniyaram.

Treat and Trick said...

Perfect and scrumptious!

Prathima Rao said...

Your paniyarams look perfect!!!! They are my fav snack for the eve or anytime of the day even!!!
Prathima Rao
Prats Corner

Kaveri Venkatesh said...

These paniyarams look awesome...very yummy

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

I'm impressed..:P
Tasty Appetite

Unknown said...

wow awesome and perfect....

CHECK OUT My DIWALI Event and Recipes
September - ALMONDS Event & GIVEAWAY
September - WWC - "Cornmeal for Breakfast"
100 Friends/Followers & GIVEAWAY

Prathima Shivraj said...

It;s my fav too, it's been long time I made these, now your click is tempting me a lot.

divya said...

Simply delicious and yummy

Recipe world said...

Lovely blog dear..loved your recipe collection!
Thanks for dropping a nice comment on my blog :)

Cheers,
Vani

Unknown said...

Oh they are yummy...

MyKitchen Flavors-BonAppetit!. said...

Hi Shobha,Happy to be here first time at ur yummy space.U have loads of delicious recipes here.Luv to come back leisurely.By the way I also do this recipe with grated coconut and vegetables added.So I can feel the taste of it.Thanks for sharing.

Nalini's Kitchen said...

Hi Shoba first time at ur space,extremely delicious recipes and happy to follow you.

cookingvarieties said...

hi sobha, your cookies look soooo lovely and arrange in such a pretty manner- very appetizing :)
I have an award for you. please collect at my site. Do let me know if you cant download, gimme your email address, I will send to you by email .Thanks

Sumee said...

I love all kinds of appams. These looks yummy..

Swathi said...

paniyaram looks delicious. My hubby's aunt make it.

Vatsala. said...

I want to grab one.
http://showandtell-vatsala.blogspot.com/2011/07/calling-all-food-bloggers-for-friday.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...