Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Eggless Strawberry Cookies

I am not an expert with cookies. I had made the Apple cookies, which I had mentioned that it was an experiment, but they turned out good. They were more like soft cookies. Yesterday I made these Strawberry cookies, they too came out good. They weren't too soft or too crunchy. It's a simple recipe with less ingredients and without the eggs. I do eat eggs and you might be wondering why most of my baking is without eggs, that's coz eggless baking is always like a challenge to me. Also, I don't like the strong smell of the eggs in baked snacks. I liked the colour of the cookies too, they were slightly pink in colour.





What you need?

1 1/4 Cup Wheat Flour 
5-6 Strawberry 
1/2 Cup Sugar 
1.5 tsp Baking Powder
2 tbsp Oil 
1 tbsp sliced Almonds

How to prepare?

Make a puree of the strawberries in a blender without adding any water. I got about a little less than 1/2 cup of the puree.

Mix the wheat flour, sugar and baking powder in a bowl. Add the oil to this and mix everything well. Now slowly add the strawberry puree and the almonds. Make a smooth dough using this.

Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking tray with aluminium foil.

Pinch equal size balls from the dough, flatten at the centre and place on the tray about 2 inches apart. Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until the base gets browned. Allow it to cool before serving.Store in air tight containers.


Makes about 10-12 medium size cookies




Sending this to Let's Cook - Break Time Snacks at Tickling Palates by Radhika.

Pictures1-2

31 Tasty Comments:

Unknown said...

Yum, they look great dear, love them. I also liked your sweet potato fry :)

Sangeetha M said...

strawberry cookies..new to me..i can say these are very healthy n light on tummy..wheat flour n eggless makes it super good..thanx for sharing n for your super fast comments at my space...and also i am so happy that u liked my recipe :)

aipi said...

Yum, looks delicious n addictive ~ love all your cookie recipes:)
US Masala

Elaichii said...

They look so fab!

Reshmi Mahesh said...

Very yummy cookies dear....love it and clicks are lovely...

Julie said...

lovely colour of cookies..Strawberries looks crunchy.. yum with a cup of hot tea!

Binys Recipes said...

umm thats looking gud and yummy

Priya Suresh said...

Scrumptious cookies, looks adorable and irresistible..

divya said...

looks awesome dear..lovely recipe.

Suma Gandlur said...

Good ones. They look crunchy to me.

Suganya said...

Perfect looking cookies.... YUM!

saleena said...

Yummy cookies...good color sobha...very good recipe.....

Chaitanya said...

lovely tempting and healthy cookies ... very nice presentation...
www.rajafood.blogspot.com

Deeksha said...

awesome cookies with strawberry flavor...

Angela said...

These look perfect for tea.

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Delicious and inviting strawberry cookies. Looks excellent!

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Sravs said...

so yummy cookies !! perfectly baked !!

Ganga Sreekanth said...

yummy cookies.......perfectly made

Raji said...

This is what I call health and taste combo..wheat flour and with only so less oil these cookies are perfect.

Vatsala. said...

This should be loved by kids a lot.
Event - LGSS_Paneer

Unknown said...

Cookies with strawberry sounds yumm and perfect

Kaveri Venkatesh said...

Yummy looking cooking....liked the clicks

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

ohhh...just wanna a grab one ..:P

Tasty Appetite

Ramya said...

This looks great..never tried a strawberry cookie!! I bet its very yummy

Laxmipriya said...

Never heard of cookies with strawberries.. Something different. Kids would love it for sure.

Archana said...

New to me but I am going to try these out. I am sorry that I did not make a purée of strawberries like I usually do. So now this is just waiting recipe.

Saranya said...

Simple and Yummy cookies..
Saranya
http://www.foodandtaste.blogspot.com/

Pushpa said...

Eggless cookies and with strawberries yummy delish.

Indian Khana said...

Looks so fab ...strawberry in cookie ...is just so yum ..must be delicious

Unknown said...

with strawberry in season so would like to try ur cookies!!

KrithisKitchen said...

Sobha, I made these today to finish of some sour strawberries.. Totally loved 'em.. Completely guiltfree... with just 2 tbsp of oil, in fact we can name it healthy cookies..
Krithi's Kitchen

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...