Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My 150th post : Aval Payasam / Poha Kheer

I am so glad that this is my 150th post. Never knew blogging would become such a passion for me. I have told earlier also how difficult is for me to do daily cooking and cleaning when my naughty son is around, so you can imagine about the blogging rt. My husband always ask me how I manage cooking, clicking and blogging when my son is keeping me busy all the time :). These words always encourage me and keep me going, now I have reached so far. I am happy that I spend time with my toddler and find some time somehow with my space. I thank my husband for all his support and encouragement and also to my son who is making me creative with his changing food preferences :) I am also thankful to each one of you who has given me constant support with your encouraging comments and wishes. I have learnt so many new recipes and new cooking styles from each one of you, which has helped me to improve my culinary skills. Thank you my dear friends :)

So guys, let's celebrate this occasion with a simple sweet.  Aval Payasam is very easy to prepare and very delicious too. Hope you all will like this.



Serves: 2-3

You need...

3/4 cup Aval /  Poha / Flattened rice (I used thick variety)
2.5 cups Milk
1/3 - 1/2 cup Sugar
1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
1/4 cup Water
2 tsp Ghee
1 tbsp broken Cashews

To prepare..

Heat ghee in a pan. Fry cashews until golden brown and keep them aside. In the same pan, roast the poha until they turn light brown and crispy.

Boil milk in a thick bottom vessel. Add water and poha to milk. Cook on medium flame until poha becomes very soft. Add sugar and cardamom powder, cook for few more minutes until it reaches the consistency you like. Garnish with cashews. Serve warm or chilled.




Sending this to the following events:

Kerala Kitchen event hosted by Kaveri , original event announcement here.



 ABC Series:Desserts



 Valentines Day at  Anzz Cafe.

Valentines Day event at Teenz Yummy Delights




52 Tasty Comments:

Mahi said...

Congrats! Kheer looks delicious! :P

Hyma said...

Congrats on reaching another milestone! Good luck for the journey ahead:-)

sangeeta said...

Nice blog and great pics...
We love doodh poha and even dahi poha but a kheer is never made with it. Looks great...and easy too.

Santosh Bangar said...

quick and delicious kheer

La @ FoodSlice said...

Congrautlations Sobha. The payasam sounds delicious. My parents sent me a big bag of Poha from the latest rice harvest and i shall make this soon.

Square Meals said...

Congratulations! Looks very tempting :-)

Aparna from Square Meals

Ganga Sreekanth said...

congrats dear.........ayasam looks yummy

Sravs said...

Congrats dear !! Keep Rocking !! Payasam looks wonderful !!

Ongoing event CC-Chocolate Fest

Vimitha Durai said...

Congrats on ur 150 th post dear. Keep rocking. Payasam looks so creamy and yummy

Raji said...

Congrats on this milestone..wishing you complete many many more wonderful blog posts ahead. And this kheer is perfect to celebrate the occasion.

Shobha Kamath said...

Congrats on your 150th post ! Gr8 going! Love the simple Aval Payasam. Nice presentation too!

Lifewithspices said...

Congrats n keep rocking the blogging world!! Perfect aval payasam for the celebration..

Kaveri Venkatesh said...

Congratulations Sobha! May you achieve many more such milestones. A yummy payasam to celebrate the occasion..

Thanks for linking to the event dear.

Unknown said...

Aval kheer looks delicious and yummy...

Faseela said...

thanks a lot for accepting my request..........


Lovely kheer dear.....perfectly done...superb

Hema said...

Congrats Sobha, love this payasam, something you can do in a short time..

Prathima Rao said...

Congrats on ur 150th post!! And this one creamy & inviting kheer!!
Prathima Rao
Prats Corner

Shireen said...

Super!! Congrats Sobha on achieving this milestone of the 150th post!! Wish you many many more and may you continue to delight us with your easy and delicious recipes! Have never heard of poha kheer but looks delicious and a refreshing change from regular kheers! Will bookmark!

Christy Gerald said...

Congrats on ur Blogging Milestone Shoba!.Quite yumm n Mouthwatering Dessert for celebrating the Occasion.

Nithu Bala said...

Congrats Dear on your milestone:-) Keep rocking..Aval payasam is so delicious.

PrathibhaSreejith said...

Congrats on the 150th post dear and wishing you many more success in everything you do.
Lovely kheer for the grand celebration, this is one quick kheer I make as well, very easy and really yummy :)

Kalyani said...

congrats on 150th post .......

Binys Recipes said...

conrats dear....payasam sounds gud

Prema said...

Congrats dear,yummy payasam...

Mélange said...

Congrats on your 150th post..Super yummy payasam to post..I simply loved it.

Archana said...

Congrats on your 150th post.

Unknown said...

Congrats dear..and many more to come..I loved this kheer as a child..my mom used to make it every time on Sharad Purnima.

Nalini's Kitchen said...

Congrats dear..payasam looks so divine and delicious...

Sensible Vegetarian said...

Congrats on your milestone and the payasam looks fantastic.

hotpotcooking said...

Congrats !!!! keep going.....Simple and delicious kheer

www.mahaslovelyhome.com said...

congrats dear...wish u all the best....i did this paaysam last week only..n urs looks tooo tasty.loved the bowl.

Treat and Trick said...

Congrats on ur 150th post! Keep rocking dear! Creamy and delicious payasam!

Sangeetha M said...

Congrats dear on your milestone and wish you many more...
Aval payasam looks so creamy n delicious...glad that u guys enjoyed the happy moment with some sweet...lovely!!

btw just saw the top commentator widget...to my knowledge i don;t miss any of your recipes but i am in 4th position :( so sorry n feeling so bad...would love to be first here :) lets see !!

Deeksha said...

Hearty Congratulations Sobha.
Kheer with poha is very new to me. Love it. Looks very delicious.

Priya Suresh said...

Super irresistible payasam, congrats on ur 150th post Sobha,way to go dear..

Julie said...

Delicious n lovely payasam,yummy !!
Congrats on your milestone,great going..wishing many more lovely recipes from your space!!

Erivum Puliyum

Suja Manoj said...

Congrats dear..keep rocking..
perfect for the occasion,creamy and delicious payasam

Sobha Shyam said...

Thank you all for the wishes, feeling so happy :)

@Sangee : I don't know how that widget is working. Names are going on changing in it...i have seen sometimes ur name becoming 1st :)

Teena said...

Congrats on your 150th post! Keep rocking!! Thanks a lot for linking this with my event. This is really unique to me. I was planning to make something sweet today. Surely gonna try this out :) Hoping to see more of your delicacies before Feb 20th!

Rinku Naveen said...

Congrats Shobha!!! Yummy payasam. Best wishes!

Ramya said...

congrats on your milestone...payasam sounds easy and yummy.. thanks for linking with my event

lubnakarim06 said...

Congrats on milestone post....looks yum....

Ramya said...

Congrats on the milestone!!
A that is a lovely dessert to celebrate the event!!:-)

Ramakrishnan said...

Heart congratulations on reaching a special milestone. Best wishes for attaining many more milestones

cookingvarieties said...

hi sobha, CONGRATS for your 150th post.. you have come a long way. i am also like you, addicted to blogging..
and its sure is great- we get to become friends huh? great recipe too, to celebrate your success. have a nice day dear

Shylaja said...

Congrats Shoba.Expecting more recipes from you...
Payasam looks delicious..

Elaichii said...

Congrats and wishing you good luck in everything!

Angela said...

Happy 150th!!!!

Sobha Shyam said...

Thank you all for the wishes and expect your same support and encouragement in the coming years :)

Anzz said...

Congrats dear..!! The kheer looks lovely. Thanx for linking it to my event..
My event- Valentines Day Special

Deeps @ Naughty Curry said...

CONGRATS on the big milestone! what a great way to celebrate, perfect dessert :)

Prabha Mani said...

Congrats sobha :)Payasam looks yum yum..perfect..keep rocking dear!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...