Friday, January 13, 2012

Eggless Apple Cake

Hope you all remember the Eggless Carrot Cake which I had posted during Christmas time. Yesterday I made the same cake, but substituted apple for carrot. The cake was very soft and moist, it was like melt in the mouth texture. I must say it's a yummy cake and so easy to prepare. 

I have been showered with so many awards recently and I want to thank all my friends for that. Your encouraging comments and gestures are always my inspirations. Without delay, I am moving on to the recipe now....




What you need?

1 cup Wheat flour
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1.5 tsp ground Cinnamon 
A pinch Salt

1/2 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Oil
1/2 cup Yoghurt
1 tsp Vanilla essence

1 Apple chopped

1-2 tbsp of sliced Almonds


How to prepare?

Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a cake pan and keep it ready.

Sieve together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.

Whisk sugar, oil, yoghurt and vanilla essence well.

Add chopped apples to the flour mixture. Now combine wet and dry ingredients.

If you feel cake mix is dry, add few tbsp of milk. I didn't add as I found it fine.

Transfer the cake mix to the pan. Add some almonds on the top. Bake for about 20-25 minutes.

Insert a toothpick or knife at the centre to check if it comes out clean.

Cool completely and remove from pan. Cut into pieces and enjoy !!




Notes:

* Add any nuts or raisins to the cake mix or just as topping.
* You can use all purpose flour instead of wheat flour. The texture of the cake will be slightly different if wheat flour is used, but sure it tastes as good as using all purpose flour.
* Cool the cake completely before cutting.


Thanks a lot to all my dear friends who thought about me while passing on the awards :)


Roshu of  World of Tastes  , Anzz of  Anzz Cafe , Prathibha of Cook-Ezee  has sent me the Inspirational award. I have already received this award, answered the questions and shared the award as well. So I am not   passing on this again. But thank you guys for sharing the award with me. :)




Aparna-Gomathi of Square Meals has passed me the Versatile Blogger award.


I would like to pass this to following friends:

Ramya of Ramya's Recipe
Ms. Wan of  Cooking Varieties
Deepa of Hamaree Rasoi
Sreevalli of Ammaji Recipes

Sangee of Spicy Treats , Julie of Erivum Puliyum, Aparna-Gomathi of Square Meals has passed me the Happy Blogger Award.



I would like to pass these to following friends:

Reshmi of Easy Cook
Vimitha of My Culinary Trial Room
Chandrani of Cuisine Delights
Nisha of Nisha's Kitchen
Vineetha of Ruchi

Prathibha of Cook-Ezee and Nalini of Nalinis Kitchen has passed me the following awards.

    



I would like to pass these on to...

Prabhamani of Prabha's Cooking
Anjana of Mayeeka
Viki of Viki's Kitchen
Maha of Maha's Lovely Home
Deeps of Naughty Curry
Sayantani of A Homemaker's Diary

So friends, grab these awards and share with your friends...:)


Have a wonderful weekend friends !!





39 Tasty Comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Sobha, Carrot cake came out super well. The template is also looking good.

Sobha Shyam said...

Thanx a lot Uma for trying out the Carrot Cake and very happy that you liked it.

Prabha Mani said...

Wonderful idea dear..Cake with wheat flour and apple..sounds interesting!!Sure i'll give it a try soon :) Thanks for the awards Sobha :)

Nalini's Kitchen said...

Congrats Shoba....Wishing u many more..The cake looks moist and delicious with perfect texture.....

Spicy-Aroma said...

super yummy and healthy cake..great recipe!!

Square Meals said...

It looks Yummy Sobha :-).

Christy Gerald said...

Congrats on Ur well deserving Awards Dear.I'm happy 4 U and wish U many more to come.Thanks for sharing the Award with me. Apple Cake luks Awesome and moist.Yummy.Luv to try it with Reined flour.Thanks again.

nisha said...

What a nice cake .
Congratulations for all the awards. And thinking for thinking about me.

Julie said...

Very delicious n awesome bake..lovely!!
Congrats on your well deserved awards...

Erivum Puliyum

Alpana said...

Congratulations on your well deserved awards Sobha........The cake looks super yummy......wish I could taste it.

Sangeetha M said...

apple cake looks superb, u used wheat flour rt? all u used are simple ingredients, result was awesome with calorie less delicious cake, loved it Sobha..thanks for sharing!!
Congrats on all those well deserved awards, wish u many more to come :)

Priya Suresh said...

Thats a great looking eggless cake..Congrats on ur awards Sobha..

Treat and Trick said...

Congrats on your awards dear! Perfect and delicious cake!

Torviewtoronto said...

delicious looking cake
congrats on the well deserved awards

Reshmi Mahesh said...

Apple cake looks yummy...Congrats on the awards...

Anonymous said...

This cake looks delicious and congratulations on your awards!

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Delicious and mouthwatering cake. Also congrats on your awards.

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Prathima Rao said...

Such a yummmyyyyy cake!!!! Its healthy & yet a treat to have these easy to make cake..Bookmarked ;) And congrats on your well deserved awards..Keep rocking ;)
Prathima Rao
Prats Corner

Lifewithspices said...

lovely recipe with wheat flour. bookmarked..n esp its eggless love it very much..

Ramya said...

lovely cake with a nice colour. and thank you for thinking of me while passing the award.

cookingvarieties said...

Hi sobha, apple cake? oh so yummy to me..eggless, even better, wanna try this out .
many thanks for the wonderful award dear, that's very thoughtful of you.'congrats to you too for being earlier awarded- you deserve this for sure.
have a nice day dear

Ganga Sreekanth said...

congrats on all your awards and thanks for passing it to me.

Deeps @ Naughty Curry said...

im amazed how an eggless cake could be sp f;uffy... looks awesome

Deeps @ Naughty Curry said...

oh & THANKYOU so much for the lovely award! :)

Mélange said...

The cake looks divine Shobha.Cool presentation as well.
Congrats on your awards.

Ramya said...

The cake looks so soft and fluffy! Simple and yummy recipe!

Shylaja said...

Delicious and healthy cake

Sayantani Mahapatra Mudi said...

thats a such a yummy looking cake. love the gorgeous brown colour.
thanks a ton for sharing these lovely awards with me.

anjana said...

congrats for your well deserved award dear!!!and thanks for sharing with me..I am truly honoured..

Neha said...

very yummy looking cake...Would love to have a bite..

Sensible Vegetarian said...

Very yummy looking one, great click. Congrats on your award.

Suja Manoj said...

Soft and tempting cake..delicious..

Anzz said...

Innovation is the mother of creation.. :) Great cake.. loved it. I am announcing Valentines Special – my 1st blog event and a Giveaway.!. Please do be a part of it and send in your recipes..! :)

Kaveri Venkatesh said...

Very healthy and delicious cake...
Congrats on your awards and thanks a lot for thinking of me dear.

Vidhya said...

Sounds like a delicious and healthy cake.I am adding this to my must try recipes.Congrats on your many awards.

NiVi said...

looks yummy and tempting... :) congrats for your awards :)

divya said...

Drooling here...yummy looking

Anisha said...

Moist and soft cake. I'd love to try this.

Anonymous said...

I just made this, and it was divine. I added cloves, nutmeg, and ginger to make it spice cake. I just started following. Your eggless recipes are amazing. Follow me back if you like my blog!
Asilia

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...