Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Event Announcement - Just "4" Fun !!

I am happy to welcome all of you to a new event happening here at Good Food - Just "4" Fun!!  Let's have some fun guys and I hope you guys find this event interesting. The rule is simple....You need to cook any dish which can have up to a maximum of 4 ingredients only. To make it simple, I am giving you a bonus Ingredient which is Salt since its one of the common ingredient in most of the recipes. So that means your entry recipes can have a maximum of 4 ingredients + Salt, which is your bonus ingredient. 

Put on your innovative caps and make some special dishes. If you think, you will realize that there are many dishes which we prepare daily at home that has very less ingredients. It can be a simple bread-butter-jam to any baked goodies as well. I expect that this event will help us to learn many delicious dishes which we can prepare with less ingredients...I hope you all will support me for this new venture as well :)



Few Examples - Dosa, Idly, Chapathi, Sandwich/Toast, Omlette, Milkshakes, Smoothies, Pakodas/Fritters, Poriyals, Raita etc

Are you guys ready ? So let's move on to the rules now.

Rules:

1. Cook any dish from appetizer to dessert but your recipe can have a maximum of 4 ingredients only.
  • Salt is a bonus ingredient. Usage is optional. (So total ingredients will be 5 if using Salt.)
  • You can also mention about optional ingredients if any in the recipe, but they should be strictly optional.
  • Update - Water, Ice cubes can also be considered as bonus ingredients. They aren't included in the 4 ingredients.
2. Event runs for the month of February and March. March 31 is the end date.

3. Vegetarian and Non Vegetarian entries are allowed. 

4. Multiple entries are allowed. Only 2 Archived entries are permitted provided the links are updated.

5. Link your recipe with this announcement page. Please use the logo to spread the word.

6. Non bloggers can send a mail with recipe and clicks to itzgoodfood@gmail.com.

Hope you all will participate in this event and make it a big success :). 


Please use the below linky tool to link your recipes.


Update: Sorry guys, the linky tool is not working currently.

Please send your recipes to itzgoodfood@gmail.com  with the subject as Just 4 Fun and following details:

Your Name, Your Blog Name , Your Recipe, Recipe Link and Picture (not more than 400px)

Sorry for the trouble...Hope you guys will co-operate !!







64 Tasty Comments:

Unknown said...

Very lovely and interesting event. Happy hosting dear...

Rasi said...

This is fun sobha :) will think of something!

simran said...

wow!good one......will put my thinking cap on and try and link up something!:)......happy hosting.

Deeksha said...

Happy hosting dear.

The Pumpkin Farm said...

Interesting event, i will try to post something for this event, happy hosting

meena said...

hi came to your site via sravs post

interesting and let me see if i can post something

i have made one dish my way today and it has many ingredients and that is more than 5 and salt is not optional its compulsory in it hehe

so can i send that one.

and the current post on my blog is kofta recipe err which i have already participatd in three events. this i posted two days back so cant be archive entry so can i add ur site link to that as well. thanks

ramya said...

Thanks for your lovely comments....will definitely send in my entry for the event!

Shireen said...

Wow! Nice event Sobha! I will definitely submit my entry soon. Is water counted as an ingredient? :D I have a lot of recipes with 5 ingredients..lets see if i can come up with a new recipe..love these challenges! Happy hosting!

Kaveri Venkatesh said...

Nice event Sobha! Will be sending in my entries. Happy Hosting dear!

Faseela said...

will send the entries soon....lovely event

Anjali Shukla said...

I loved the theme event...will surely link in some recipe. :)

www.mahaslovelyhome.com said...

nice event........try to link my rceipes......dear..

Hema said...

Interesting event dear, will send in some entries soon..

Archana said...

Wow! need to think hard. Will send some mad recipe for sure.

Ramya said...

Nice theme for your event. I have linked my banana chips. Please do participate in my EGGS event

Anzz said...

Sounds like a very interesting concept. I will send you an entry soon. :)

My event- Valentines Day Special

Suja Manoj said...

Nice fun event..happy hosting:)

PrathibhaSreejith said...

Thats a fun filled Shobha, will def try to sent in my entries :)

Julie said...

Nice event..Happy hosting,Sobha!!

Erivum Puliyum

ramya said...

I hhave a lil' award for you on my blog!

Vikis Kitchen said...

Very innovative event dear. I will try to send my recipes soon.

Mahi said...

Interesting event! happy hosting! :)

Sangeetha M said...

very interesting and challenging event Sobha...will definitely send in my entries :)
Happy Hosting Dear!!
Spicy Treats
OnGoing Event:Show Me Your HITS~Healthy Delights

Sudha said...

Hello Shobha,
This is really a challenging event and I could only get my Beetroot mishmash with peanuts recipe for this event where the peanuts are optional.Will try to work more on this theme and link-up - thanks so much for letting me know and happy hosting dear:)

Amina Creations said...

interesting event... will send my entries soon...

Christy Gerald said...

Easy good recipes will line soon.Awesome Fun event Dear.

cookingvarieties said...

hi sobha, this is agreat idea- 4 ingredients only, i think i can submit one dessert recipe to you..when i do that , it will be my first time ever- in blogging. have a nice day..

Vardhini said...

Nice event Sobha. Will try to send in some entries.

Vardhini
Event: Sweet Luv
Event: Strawberries

Pavani said...

lovely eveny dear,sure i will send my recipes soon.

Asha said...

Very interesting event....an excellent idea...

Deeps @ Naughty Curry said...

this should be very interesting to see! just to confirm...if i use oil it would be one of the 4 ingredients right?

Teena said...

wow..this is a fantastic idea! Will definitely participate. Happy Hosting!!
Ongoing-''Valentine's Day Event''(till Feb 20th)

Anisha said...

This is actually fun... I've linked two archived posts and I'm thinking of making something with just 4 ingredients... :)

Deepa. R. Krishnan said...

Your blog looks soo interesting..Following you..

Recipe world said...

Nice event dear..wish u happy hosting :)

radha said...

Never taken part in an event before. Will give it a thought. Even if I do not take part, will be waiting for the dishes that will feature on the blog.

Torviewtoronto said...

happy hosting lovely event added my entry
coconut macaroons

Anjali Shukla said...

Hey, I've posted one recipe; will post a few more soon. :)

Ongoing Event: Cakes, Cookies and Desserts
http://anjali-cooklog.blogspot.com/2012/02/announcing-my-first-event-cakes-cookies.html

Amila said...

Nice & exciting event....Already added to my event list & linked an entry...will add some more later...Happy hosting

Prabha Mani said...

Linked my entry here,thank you.Happy hosting dear :)

Rosh said...

Gr8 event! Very challenging!!! Not sure if my Choffee Rocks fits in but linking it anyways. Hope to see more simple recipes :)

Cheers,
Rosh

simran said...

linked up the easy peasy peas..but i'm not sure..if it fits the criteria.

Unknown said...

wow very innovative event,sent my Mallige Idly recipe for the event,happy hosting....

Vikis Kitchen said...

Just now published a post for your event.
http://elitefoods.blogspot.com/2012/02/event-entries-and-re-posts.html

amrita said...

I m new in participating events..my first step ahead as a blogger.. thanx 4 hosting events. here s my blog entry http://amritaskitchen.blogspot.in/2011/08/easy-fish-fry.html

amrita said...

sobha
i have uploaded mistakenly my archive with an incorrect link.any idea how to remove it.. if can kindly removemy archive numbered 42

La @ FoodSlice said...

I was thinking hard about a recipe when i stumbled across the papaya and beetroot jam in my archives. Updates the links and logo and added it here.

La @ FoodSlice said...

Hey Sobha, i just got so excited about your event because i found atleast four more items in my archives that are made with less than 4 ingredients. Sad that only 2 archived entries are allowed, though i totally understand that you want us to try newer ones for the event. Rasagollas, granitas, amla murabba, ice cream, honey baked figs and the like. Just wanted to say - Awesome event! Will definitely do at least one new item before it ends.

Hema said...

Linked in one, Jigarthanda..

Spicy-Aroma said...

i linked my mango milkshake to your lovely event!! :)
Kande Pohe

Anamika@madcookingfusions said...

Hi Shoba, first time here..liked your idea for the event...linked one recipe..will try and add more..Happy Hosting!!

ramya said...

I've just entered my link for the event!

Amila said...

linked another entry...hope it is matching....:)
On going event- Hot & Spicy Treats –Festive Food

Rasi said...

Linked my first entry.. hopefully meeting the criteria :)

Meena said...

oh great god i completely forgot about this.. ok my next post would be up soon i wud link that one here

Archana said...

Just linked dear. Thanks for the reminder. I had forgotten to link.:)
Happy Holi and Women's Day to you.

Faseela said...

Dear cant c thr linky tool....

La @ FoodSlice said...

sad to see the linky tool is no more. Posted french fries today. Will send you the details

Rosh said...

Hi Sobha! Have mailed you my entry - Avocado Frozen Yogurt.

Do vote for your favourite recipes in the Gimme GREEN entries!

Chef Al dente On going event: Gimme GREEN!

Meena said...

Hi sobha

just sent u my recipe

do chk out

thanks for the lovely event

Kanchan said...

hey sent you a recipe, hopw you have received it :)

divyagcp said...

Just mailed you my entry for the event.. :)

Achu's Amma's Kitchen said...

sad to linky is not working will send the recipe soon..i put two entr and link with ur event..will send through mail

Renuka said...

Really nice event, I'm sending something to this..

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...