Friday, May 6, 2011

Red Cabbage Raita

I like the Red Cabbage for its color and health factors. It is rich in Vitamin C and a good source of dietary fiber.It's mainly used in salads and sandwiches.



I made a simple raita with the red cabbage. Before I go to the details of the recipe, I would like to share a Thought for the day....
 "When one door of happiness closes, another opens;
   but often we look so long at the closed door
   that we do not see the one which has opened for us "
    - Helen Keller

Now coming to the recipe, there isn't much to explain. Prepare like how you normally do for a raita. 

I chopped a small portion of the cabbage. Though it can be eaten raw, my son doesn't like the raw taste. So I slightly cooked in microwave for a minute or two. I didn't cook it further so as to retain its crunch. Now mix these with yogurt. Add the salt. I added some chopped green chillies. I skipped the tempering. You can splutter some mustard seeds,add  red chillies and curry leaves in oil and  then add to the raita.

Hope you will like this simple and healthy raita... :)













22 Tasty Comments:

Julie said...

lovely presentation ..your cabbage bowl looks very much tempting!

Raji said...

Very vibrant colour...looks very nice.

Pushpa said...

Healthy raita.Nice butterfly presentation.

Divya D said...

Fantastic and looks so yummy!

divya said...

wow.. i am drooling here.looks so good..

Swathi said...

Sobha,

Red cabbage raita looks awesome delicious. Thanks for visiting my space. You have wonderful space. following you.

Unknown said...

New for me.love the idea.

Vidhya said...

Very beautiful and refreshing raita

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

love d vibrant color..very healthy n tasty recipe..
Tasty Appetite

Alessandra said...

Great idea to make a raita with red cabbage, just look at the colour! I also like the presentation!

ciao and have a good week-end

Alessandra

Prema said...

Healthy and Colorful raita,luks delicious...

Priya Sreeram said...

nice colour to the raita- yumm, loved it !

Treat and Trick said...

Beautiful color and healthy!

Sensible Vegetarian said...

Lovely healthy raita. I love the red cabbage and add it to everything but raita is surely a very good idea.

Mélange said...

Wow! looks awesome with lilac there.A raita with cabbage is terribly healthy I agree Shobha.

Vardhini said...

Never tried it before .. very colorful ..

Vardhini
Vardhiniskitchen

saleena said...

very colourful..Raitha is my favourite.I liked it very much.

Raksha said...

This is something new, nice colour :)
Thanks for visiting my blog and following.
Following u too.

Priya Suresh said...

Cabbage raita looks fabulous,wat a pleasant colour..

AMMU MOHAN said...

looking gorgeous...nice presentation..

aipi said...

What a beautiful presentation dear ~ a new n nice raita recipe :)
US Masala

purabi naha said...

Lovely presentation! I am so happy to have you as my new foodie friend! Following you, too!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...