Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Chapathi Mexican Wraps with Guacamole

I love Mexican food. The best thing I love is the Guacamole dip. Till now, I never thought of making it at home...until I saw it at Jyoti's space. Then I realized its so simple and why can't I make it home..No cooking needed and its just mixing the ingredients and the dip is ready in few minutes. So I did try and just loved it. The main ingredient in the Guacamole is Avocado. Like the Chapathi Pizza Rolls, I thought of using the Guacamole for making an easy wrap using some left over chapathis. Do try it and I am sure you will love it !!







Ingredients:

2 Chapathis
1/2 cup Vegetables you prefer (I used only corn)

For Guacamole:
1 ripe Avocado
1/2 of a medium size Onion, finely chopped
1 ripe tomato, deseeded and  finely chopped
2-3 Green chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
2 tbsp Coriander leaves chopped
Lime
Pepper
Salt


Preparing Guacamole:
Cut the Avocado into half. Remove the pit and using a spoon, remove the flesh from the skin.Mash the avocado gently using a spoon to form a smooth paste.Squeeze some lime over this.
Add the onion, tomato, green chilli and cilantro to this. Mix well.
Sprinkle salt and pepper. Mix again. If you want, squeeze lime again.

( I forgot to click the Avocado snaps. So this is a Google image to show you how you need to cut it and this is how a ripe avocado look)

Guacamole



Preparing the wrap:
Microwave the corn for a minute. Add salt and pepper. Squeeze lime over this and mix well.
Add about 2-3 tbsp of Guacamole to  the corn and mix.
Place the mixture inside the chapathi and make a wrap.

Corn mixed with Guacamole

Isn't the dip and the wrap so simple ???

You can use the Guacamole as a spread on your sandwich also. Some like to eat tortilla chips with this dip.



Notes:

*The avocado shouldn't be too hard which means its not ripe.It shouldn't be too mushy which indicates its overripe.Feel it with your hand before you buy.

*The avocados turn brown when exposed. So squeezing lime juice will help to some extent to retain the natural green color.

* After preparing Guacamole, store it in an air tight container. I usually refrigerate it.


*Its always better to make in lesser amount as the green color is lost as days go by. Better if prepared just before you serve.








35 Tasty Comments:

Unknown said...

that is a sumptuous and yummy wrap, Sobha! Love this quick fix :)

Julie said...

lovely recipe..guacamole dip looks superb..will try it out!

Harini said...

Nice one :) I also made a similar dish..
http://hariniscorner.blogspot.com/2011/03/guacamole-bean-burrito.html

R said...

what a great way to use leftover chapattis!! luv the filling.

Divya D said...

looks healthy and tasty !!!!.....

Joyti said...

I love homemade guacamole. I discovered and tried a new recipe using green tomatoes last week myself.
The rolls look really delicious and quick. How perfect...

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

lovely combination of flavors...nice presentation dear..
Tasty Appetite

divya said...

This looks inviting and yummy...

Sensible Vegetarian said...

Looks so filling and delicious.

Angela said...

Yum. I love fusion food. This is excellent Mexican/Indian fusion.

Jyothi said...

Yumm!! Guacamole with sweet corn.. can there be anything better?!
PS: thanks for linking my blog!

Mélange said...

That's a stunning,delicious wrap.Love to have one from those.Extremely appetizing..

aipi said...

Yummo ~ will make for a nice quick fix lunch!
US Masala

Aarthi said...

I love to have wraps more often..because it is easy for me to take to work..So thanks for this recips..I will surely make this and tell u how it came...Thankyou for following me...i am a happy follower of you...

cook from doha said...

yummy rolls sobha...........nd happy 2 follow u too.....

Vardhini said...

Wraps look delicious ..

Vardhini
VardhinisKitchen

Kurinji said...

Lovely recipe and nice way to use left over chpathies.
kurinjikathambam, Event: HRH-Healthy Summer

Raji said...

Love these wraps..looks very interesting.

Unknown said...

I heart wraps up! made something similar for spring part with chicken guacamole the best! sobha thanks for stopping by and for ur words of appreciation,

Priya Suresh said...

Super inviting wraps, makes me hungry..

AMMU MOHAN said...

NIce pictures...yummy wraps..........

Nandinis food said...

This makes a really quick snack! It's very lovely! Yummy!

Sunanda said...

wrap looks very tempting.. nice presentation.
Sunanda's Kitchen

My Kitchen Antics said...

i love mexican food...this is one dish that makes it to our dinner table at least once a week

Suja Manoj said...

Delicious wrap..quick and filling.

Prathima Shivraj said...

Yummy Wraps, Love to have for healthy lunch.

Vimitha Durai said...

Lovely filling and yummy wrap...
Thanks for stopping by @MyCulinaryTrialRoom dear...
U have a lovely space.. Happy to follow you...

Vidhya said...

Yummy wraps.

Sravs said...

Delicious and perfectly made wraps !!

Plateful said...

Those wraps look beautifully done. My and I are great Mexican food fans, especially Tex-Mex.

saleena said...

filled it very well.Nice one..

Sanyukta Gour(Bayes) said...

Looks yummy n Mouthwatering...love Tex Mex food n this s one such wrap...
Sanyukta
http://creativesanyukta.blogspot.com/

hemalata said...

Item is rich in Vitamin C. Traditional dish of South India eaten as Prasadam which is nutritious.I liked it.

Pravin said...

Thanks a lot. I was looking for an option of qudoba mexican gumbo.

Anjali Shukla said...

I just couldn't stop myself commenting on this post because you are a sweetheart! Now I know how Avocados can be used so brilliantly. Thanks a ton. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...