Thursday, April 21, 2011

Bread Laddu

My son gets bored of the evening snacks very soon. So I try to prepare something different and colourful. Like many other kids, its difficult to get "I liked it" signal from him :). So I have to "invent" some quick snacks which I know most of you are also doing.Initially I used to make this laddus with bread, sugar and coconut. I used to make tiny balls so that its easy for him to eat and when my hubby asked me what is the name of the dish, I thought and I named it Bread Laddu :). My kid just loved it. Yesterday I made it by adding grated carrots , dates and  raisins, even my hubby liked it too.This is a quick snack which the kids will surely love. No cooking needed.....mix everything and make laddus in few  minutes.

Bread Laddu




Ingredients:

4 Bread slices
1/2 cup grated Carrots
1/2 cup Coconut
1/4 cup Sugar (Add sugar according to your taste)
2-3 tbsp chopped Dates and Raisins
Honey (optional)


Cut the brown edges of the bread. I used frozen coconut. So I thawed it by keeping in microwave for about 30 seconds. Kids may not like the taste of the raw carrots. So I slightly cooked them in microwave for about 45 seconds to 1 minute.

Take each bread slice and make small pieces by hand. Put them in a bowl. Add the carrots, coconut, sugar, dates and raisins. Mix everything well. The moistness of the coconut and carrots will help to form something like a dough. Now make small balls out of it. Your sweet delicious laddu is ready. Drizzle some honey on top.

Makes about 7-8 medium size laddus





 Notes:
*You can add chopped nuts too.
*You can try making this using jaggery instead of sugar.
*If you use sweet bread, it will be much better.


Sending this to the Kids Delight event hosted by Mina , an event started by Srivalli.



and also to the CBB Series#3 - Evening Tiffin event at Tickling Palates











24 Tasty Comments:

Suja Manoj said...

Wow delicious ladoos,kids will surely love this and its very healthy too..

Suma Gandlur said...

Cool idea and very lovely laddus.

Usha said...

What an interesting ladoo, looks delicious ! First time here you have a lovely space.... just added you to my blogroll :-)

Julie said...

very quick recipe..colourful ladoos..

Sensible Vegetarian said...

Yummy colorful ladoo. One has to be very creative to feed the kids. Same here.

Vidhya said...

Nice innovation.Lovely ladoos.

Unknown said...

that is a wonderfully creative dish sobha! I totally love it and would love to try to make them...

Amritha Kalyani said...

laddu lookd delicious. innovative idea to keep kids going :-)

Sravs said...

Nice idea dear !! cute laddus !!

saleena said...

You decorated very well.You are becoming more professional in this area.My husband likes bread, so i will surely make this bread laddu.

AMMU MOHAN said...

wonderful idea...laddus tempting me...

Suman Singh said...

Wow, bread ladoo sounds interesting and delghtful dessert..looks good!

Malar Gandhi said...

Healthy choice for the kids. Looks splendid. Kudos to you, for this innovative laddu.

Sobha Shyam said...

Thank you all :)

aipi said...

What an original recipe- a great idea ! Kids will definitely gobble this up :)
US Masala

Divya D said...

congrats for d awards...beautiful ladoos, yummy

Shobha said...

Nice and innovative recipe.
Thanks for visiting and following my blog...do keep visiting...following your too..I will go through all your recipes leisurely.

Shobha said...

Please collect the FOOD MAZAA AWARD from my blog.

shriannalakshmi said...

healthy sweet in a jiffy.U have tasty and healthy recipes.

Unknown said...

Your ladoos look delicious. I love the idea of making something sweet without cooking.

Unknown said...

I have to bookmark this, I love the idea and I am going to make it soon :)

Now, I am following your blog too.

Hey, I am wondering if you heard about MAITRI. Please check this link and if you are interested, please email me @ priya.mitharwal@gmail.com

http://mharorajasthanrecipes.blogspot.com/2011/03/maitri-friendship-chain.html

SpicyWorld said...

interesting ladoo,,,thanks for visiting me.

Anonymous said...

Woww..that is such a cool idea. :D Looks yum too :D

Hema Nova said...

nice innovative idea. Bookmarked

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...