Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Paneer Spinach Bonda

This recipe is completely inspired from Vardhini's recipe Potato and Spinach Bonda at Zesty Palette. Vardhini has a great blog, do visit her space if you haven't...you will be amazed by her wonderful recipes, clicks and simple explanations with pictures. I made the bondas almost similar to her recipe with the main difference that I used paneer instead of potato.Even I fried the bondas using the paniyaram pan. I had to use only very less oil and a healthy snack was ready which we could munch guilt free. Thanks a lot Vardhini for sharing such a great recipe. It's sure a low calorie and delicious bonda.




What you need?

1/2 of 14oz pkt Paneer
1.5 cup chopped Spinach
1 tsp Chilli powder
1 tsp Coriander powder
1/2 tsp Chaat masala
1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
a pinch Turmeric powder
Salt

For batter:
1/2 cup Besan
1/4 cup Rice flour
1/2 tsp Chilli powder
Salt


How to prepare?

Grate the paneer. Add spinach, cumin seeds, chaat masala, chilli, coriander , turmeric powders and salt to the paneer. Combine well. Make small balls out of it.

Mix all the ingredients listed under For batter along with some water. The batter shouldn't be too thin as you have to coat the balls with it.

Heat the paniyaram pan. Add 2-3 drops of oil in each hole. Dip each ball in the batter and place in each hole.Let the bottom part get brown and  carefully flip it to other side. Let it cook and get brown on the other side too.

Enjoy this wonderful snack with ketchup or some chutney.





32 Tasty Comments:

alpana said...

Wow such a healthy & delicious snack.....I am drooling here......awesome

Jeyashris Kitchen said...

interesting recipe and nicely done too

Indian Khana said...

Yummy combo ...looks delish

Suja Manoj said...

Interesting recipe,yummy snack dear

Ramya said...

healthier than the regular bonda..loved the combo

Lizy said...

this is a very different version of our regular batatavada..tasty!

Nithya said...

Delicious bonda. Different and yummy :)

Vardhini said...

Wow .. paneer and spinach. So healthy and tasty. The bondas look so inviting.

Vardhini
Event: Halloween Fiesta

Priya Suresh said...

Yum yum,wat a delicious bonda,lovely stuffing..

Sumee said...

Ummm.. this is on my list too ever since I have seen it on Vardhini's blog.

Unknown said...

Love how you made them in paniyaram pan.

Julie said...

Wow..bonda looks guilt free..lovely snack!!

Sangeetha M said...

Hi sobha
thanx a lot dear for your sweet words at my space...actually i was here for long time but I am not able to post a comment..your page loads slowly or problem with my computer/net dunno...hope at least now my comment will publish..
low calorie bonda looks yummy n love the wonderful filling...
And thanx a ton for sharing another award with me...you never forget to share with me..I owe to you n your space dear!!

Unknown said...

This healthy version even asking me to try. As i don't have the paniyaram pan rt now, waiting for the day to prepare it. Paneer filling is making me drool.

Cheers,
Uma
My Kitchen Experiments

Vineetha Sush said...

Bonda with paneer sounds yummy...

Square Meals said...

Looks yummy!!

Recipe world said...

Nice recipe dear..loved your style of presentation :)

Gayathri NG said...

Protein rich bonda..sounda interesting..

Hyma said...

lovely variation to bonda in a healthy way too

Unknown said...

Wow flavourful and yummy bondas

MyKitchen Flavors-BonAppetit!. said...

What a recipe dear.Luv to munch those yumm bondas rightnow?.

Prema said...

Healthy and Delicious bonda,luks yum...

Prathima Rao said...

Healthy bondas & such delicious filling!!!
Prathima Rao
Prats Corner

Binys Recipes said...

wow DD i love that dear...the last pc make me want it right away

Sensible Vegetarian said...

Super delicious Bonda, looks superb.

Deeksha said...

looks yummy! Cute presentation as well.

Treat and Trick said...

Healthy combo and so tasty!

Elaichii said...

Liked the idea of using paniyaram pan!

kankana said...

My husband loves Paneer Pakoda and I make that very often. This would be a great twist on paneer.

R said...

super delicious, luv the idea of making them in a paniyaram pan!

Simply Life said...

mmm...I love paneer!

Raks said...

This is new to me and sounds really mouthwatering,nice idea

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...