Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Vermicelli Pulao

It feels great to be back to blogging after a short break. Thank you  for your wishes for a good time.....yes, sure I enjoyed a lot with my family and friends. The days went so quick and I wished that our vacation would extend for a couple of days more :). After the long journey, I was busy unpacking and cleaning up the house yesterday. So I was very lazy to cook for dinner. Then I thought of making something quick and prepared the Vermicelli pulao. This is indeed an easy pulao, very flavourful and delicious one.





What you need?

1.5 cup roasted Vermicelli
1/2 cup chopped Onion
3/4 cup Vegetables of your choice
1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
1 tsp Ginger-Garlic paste
1 tsp Ghee/Oil
1 tbsp broken Cashews
2.5 cups Water
Salt

Spices:
1/2 tsp Chilli powder
1/2 tsp Fennel seeds powder ( dry roasted and powdered)
1/2 tsp Garam masala
1/2 tsp Cinnamon powder
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
1/4 tsp Cardamom powder

How to prepare?

Heat oil/ghee in a pan. Splutter cumin seeds. Add cashews and let them get slight brown. Now add ginger-garlic paste and then the onions. Saute until the onions turn pink. Add the vegetables and saute until they are cooked. Now add all the ingredients listed under Spices and mix well. Add the water and when it boils add salt. Finally add in the vermicelli and mix well. Cover and cook on a medium flame until all the water is absorbed and the vermicelli is cooked. Garnish with coriander leaves.

Serves 2-3

Notes:
* I have used roasted Vermicelli here. If you are using plain Vermicelli, roast in ghee or oil until they turn slight brown.
* You can use green chillies instead of chilli powder.
* Vermicelli and water ratio may slightly vary depending on the brands. You can check for the packet directions. (I have used MTR roasted vermicelli)



19 Tasty Comments:

Amritha Kalyani said...

mmmmmmmmmm... I smell the spices here. looks so delicious. Welcome back after your vacation:-)

aipi said...

Wow ~ looks delicious, I can eat it every single day without complaining :)
US Masala is hosting a giveaway. Do check it out here

US Masala

Suja Manoj said...

Perfect and delicious breakfast..yummy

Julie said...

wow..Thats yummy pulao..n quick fix too!!

Sangeetha M said...

love it anytime...yours recipe fully loaded with spices n very flavorful...looks so inviting dear...

divya said...

wow, looks so delicious n yummy, very tempting one..

Anonymous said...

Woww.. thats a cool recipe.. I do make vermicelli upma.. this is new to me.. I gottu try :)

Vimitha Durai said...

Spicy and deliciously done pulao... so flavorful...

Deeksha said...

That's looks fantastic!

Unknown said...

This is my favourite...looks yummy

Pushpa said...

Looks soft and delicious.

Kaveri Venkatesh said...

A very flavorful and tasty pulao

Priya Suresh said...

Pulao looks super delicious,filling and inviting..

Cooking Foodie said...

This can be my dinner too... it yumm

Indian Khana said...

Yum ..one of my fav ....looks fab

Prathima Shivraj said...

Perfect breakfast dish, looks fabulous, wonderful clicks!!

Unknown said...

Sounds delicious, love your presentation platter :)

Prabha Mani said...

First time here!!U having a great Space...Jump in to my blog if time permits...Glad to Follow U! Really a Nice Event.Sure i'll give a try for ur Event...Happy Hosting :)

Laxmipriya said...

I make this too.. Tasty and easy recipe..

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...