Thursday, May 5, 2011

Soya Chunks pakora

When I told my friends that I am dieting from past few weeks, I got responses like do you skip breakfast or dinner? how can you starve? no food? etc.....!!!!!! 

There is a misconception that dieting means no food and starving. According to me, dieting means food control. There are so many people who do dieting, skip meals and starve, then finally give up. The only thing I do is to eat good food or healthy food in the right way. I should admit that I have found success in doing so, though its a gradual change.I don't skip any meals, infact I try to eat at regular intervals. Also, I do eat chocolates and icecreams and even dine out occassionally.

Everyone knows what is healthy for them and what to avoid, I needn't explain all that. I am not an expert and I don't want to give you tips or so. But I would like to suggest just one thing Eat healthy and Be healthy!! Thats what GOOD FOOD is all about :). These are only my views and my intention was to stress on the fact that dieting isnt a punishment to your body, it helps to be more healthy and happy. Hope atleast some of you will agree with me.

With all these dieting and health facts said, why dont we talk about a healthy snack...Soya chunks pakora. Like I have done for other pakoras, I have used Wheat flour and ofcourse I baked them rather than deep frying...Use besan instead of wheat if you prefer that way. So enjoy these pakoras, high in protein...with a hot cup of coffee..what else you need rt?? :)








Ingredients:

1 cup Soya chunks
1/2 cup Wheat flour
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp pepper powder
A pinch asafoetida
few coriander leaves chopped (optional)
Salt

Method:

Cook the soya chunks as per packet directions. Squeeze out the water and keep aside.

Preheat the oven to 400F.Line a baking tray with aluminium foil.Spray some oil.

Add wheat flour, chilli powder, pepper powder, asafoetida, ginger-garlic paste and salt.
Make a slight thick batter by adding a little water at a time.Note that it shouldnt be a thin batter.Add the onions, coriander leaves and finally the soya chunks.Mix thoroughly so that the chunks get coated well with the batter.Keep it aside for 15 minutes. This will help the soya chunks to absorb the flavor from the batter.


Ready for baking



Arrange these chunks as a single layer on the baking tray.Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until they turn brown. In between, give a toss to the tray so that it gets evenly baked.

Serve with tomato ketchup.












21 Tasty Comments:

Unknown said...

What an interesting and new way to use Soy Chunks! I'll bet they turned out great :)

aipi said...

The healthiest pakoda recipe ever! :)
US Masala

Raji said...

Pakoras with wheat flour, soya, and moreover being baked sounds extremely delightful...guilt free.

Julie said...

hot healthy pakoras with a hot cup of coffee ,sounds interesting! yummy pakoras..

Priya Suresh said...

Omg, pakoras looks guiltfree and addictive..extremely inviting..

Suma Gandlur said...

So interesting Sobha. How do these pakodas taste in general?

divya said...

Slurp,mouthwatering here..

Unknown said...

very healthy pakoras.that too hot from oven.lovely.

Sensible Vegetarian said...

Very interesting pakora, looks extremely delicious.

Pushpa said...

Hot and healthy pakoras.

Sobha Shyam said...

Thank you all for the lovely comments.

@Suma : The baked pakodas won't be as crispy as the deep fried ones. Though its not made of besan, I like the wheat versions equally. These taste really good to us.

Deepti said...

thats a guilt freeway to enjoy pakodas...

http://www.panchamrutham.blogspot.com/

Vardhini said...

Pakodas look yummy and healthy :)

Vardhini
VardhinisKitchen

Priya Sreeram said...

heanthy n guilt free binging trip

AMMU MOHAN said...

baking technique is excellent...nice tea time snack..

Nandinis food said...

Nice hot pakodas! They look so tempting and nice!

Prathima Shivraj said...

Very healthy snack, looks delicious.

JishasKitchen said...

pakora looks so perfect and tempting...loved teh clicks too..

Suja Manoj said...

Interesting recipe,healthy and yummy

Vidhya said...

It looks too good to resist.

Archana said...

Very interesting! Will definitely try it. Also I agree on your views on dieting and follow the same pattern.
Great minds!:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...